Daily passenger jet flight activity has increased across most regions over recent days, On November 10th, Asia Pacific saw total arrivals down just under 36 per cent compared with the equivalent day last year. – Advertisement –
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
This luxury home is on the market for $2.49 million. Source: Realestate.com.auTHE multi-million dollar Queensland home of a family killed in axe attack has hit the market. The property has stunning views. Source: Realestate.com.auThe van Bredas had relocated back to South Africa for business keeping their Queensland home base intact for their return, according to the Sunshine Coast Daily. The property covers 3.86 hectars. Source: Realestate.com.auIt said the home, which had a circular design, was ideal for use as a luxury guest house. Among its features was a caretaker’s cottage, orchards and a dam. The home was said to be ideal for a guest lodge. Source: Realestate.com.auA Realestate.com.au listing of the van Breda home said the 3.86 hectare property had development approval for the creation of an additional six residential lots. Three members of the van Breda family died and another was seriously injured after the attack. Pictured on a family holiday are parents Martin and Teresa van Breda with their daughter Marli and sons Henri and Rudi. Picture: FacebookThe Sunshine Coast home belonged to Martin and Theresa van Breda, who were killed along with their son Rudi two years ago at their second home in South Africa. Their daughter Marli was also seriously injured in the attack.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor7 hours ago The home decor has African leanings. Source: Realestate.com.auThe van Breda’s son Henri has been committed to stand trial on three counts of murder and one of attempted murder, with a date set for March 27 in a Western Cape court, according to South African media reports. CoreLogic records show the family had bought the seven bedroom, seven bathroom, two car space Buderim home in 2012 for $2.2million. The executor of the van Breda’s will Nicolaas Oosthuizen put the property on the market for $2.49million.
The Pension Protection Fund (PPF) has published a consultation on its policy to manage ‘out-of-cycle’ valuations for schemes that have recently fallen under its remit due to the change in definition of money purchase benefits.Earlier in May, the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) announced its amendment to the definition following legal proceedings, resulting in some defined contribution schemes offering some form of guarantee, being reclassified as defined benefit (DB).As a result, those schemes are covered by the PPF and will need to undergo valuations to submit their s179 figures by the end of Q1 2015 to be protected.The consultation, which runs until 9 July 2014, seeks answers regarding whether the PPF should be allowed to require out-of-cycle valuations, and what benefits need to be included in its valuation guidance. In other news, the £8bn (€9.8bn) Ford UK Pension Scheme, which consists of three DB offerings, has selected Punter Southall to provide the trustees with daily estimates of liabilities.Using the consultant’s valuation software, the trustees of the three schemes will be able to monitor regular changes to liability profiles.The Hourly Paid Contributory Pension Fund, the Salaried Contributory Pension Fund and the Senior Staff Pension Fund have 75,000 members in total, with trustees now able to implement a more reactive investment strategy, allowing trustees to monitor funding levels for comparison with investment allocation trigger points.
Read Also:Ronaldo gives girlfriend £80k monthly allowance to fund lifestyle Ronaldo was already marked as sport’s top earner on Instagram last July, earning as much as US$975,000 per post, according to analytics firm HopperHQ. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Cristiano Ronaldo’s posts on Twitter are more valuable than those of any other athlete endorser, according to a report from athlete marketing platform Opendorse, Promoted ContentFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually True9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo6 Most Breathtaking Bridges In The WorldTop 10 Enemies Turned Friends In TVEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouImpressive Caricatures Of Marvel Characters By Xi DingInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art7 Famous And Incredibly Unique Places In Thailand A tweet from the Juventus forward, who has 82.7 million followers on the social media platform, carries a value of US$868,606, putting the 35 year-old comfortably ahead of Spanish midfielder Andreas Iniesta (US$590,825) and Brazilian forward Neymar (US$478,138).Advertisement Loading…
Former police officer Derek Chauvin appeared by videolink in Minneapolis court for the murder of African American George Floyd, whose May 25 death sparked massive protests across the United States. HENNEPIN COUNTY JAIL/AFP/FILE / HANDOUT Dressed in an orange prison suit, Chauvin, 44, answered questions matter-of-factly in the procedural hearing, which did not require him to submit a plea. MINNEAPOLIS – A judge in this city set a $1 million bail for police officer Derek Chauvin Monday as he made his first court appearance charged with the murder of George Floyd, the 46-year-old African-American man whose death sparked nationwide protests. Hennepin County District Court Jeannice Reding set his bail at $1 million with conditions, and $1.25 million without conditions. (AFP) Chauvin, who was filmed on May 25 pressing his knee on handcuffed Floyd’s neck until he expired, appeared by video from Minnesota state prison to face charges of one count of second degree murder, one count of third degree murder, and one count of manslaughter.
New Delhi: Accessibility is key for spreading motorsports in a country and India needs much more than the one Formula 1 level race track the country presently has, according to former F1 driver Alex Yoong.Yoong, who in 2002 became the first Malaysian to race in the F1, will return to India as one of the foreign drivers who have been brought in for the X1 Racing League.“It’s still in its infancy,” Yoong told IANS when asked about what he thinks about motorsports in India. “It is similar to where Malaysia is in someways. India have got some good drivers who have gone abroad like Narain (Karthikeyan), Karun (Chandok) and all these new kids coming along.“Like Malaysia, the infrastructure is not very strong. We’ve only got one or two tracks,” he said.Yoong said that F1 does little to help improve the infrastructure in a country. “It’s too big. It comes in sucks up all the money and doesn’t do anything for the structure. We need to support local teams and local championships like X1 because are what help grow the infrastructure,” he said.The Buddh International Circuit (BIC), which was built for the Indian GP that was held in 2011, is one of two tracks where X1 Racing is slated to be held. Only three editions of the Indian GP — in 2011, 2012 and 2013 — could be held at the BIC and Yoong said that while the track is world class, it is too big and it is smaller tracks that increase accessibility.“It’s a world class track of course. It’s a typical Formula 1 track, very wide, very open. The money was well spent, the track is fantastic,” he said.“We just need more stuff around it to support it. One big track is not going to be very useful. In fact, it is too big, you need five or six smaller tracks. Make it cheaper, more accessible. That is key, one big F1 track is not good for accessibility. It looks nice, great on TV but that’s about it.”Yoong’s familiarity with India goes beyond his visits to the country for the Indian GP editions or the fact that he is familiar with some of the famous drivers in the country. His son Alister participates in the Formula 4 South East Asia Champioship. Chennai’s Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) has been one of the host venues for the championship in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.“I will definitely ask him for some advice. He has driven in Chennai. As far as fans go, they don’t get more passionate than the Indian fans. They are amazing and they are scary as well. If you don’t perform, they are on your case. I expect to see that for X1 as well,” he said.Yoong said that he did not hesitate for a moment before saying yes to participating in the league, largely because he knew the founders Aditya Patel and Armaan Ebrahim, who are racers themselves.“I said yes straightaway. Aditya and Armaan are good men. I like the idea. I know that the franchise model worked well for Indian cricket. So I was like, sign me up,” he said. IANS Also Read: Motorsport Patel set for Korean challengeAlso Watch: Broad day light robbery in Digboi, Miscreants loot cash Rs 1.60 lakh
– Over 120 horses confirmed to competeWITH over 120 top horses from Guyana, the Caribbean and North America, confirmed to participate in today’s 11th annual Guyana Cup horse race meet, a truly pulsating and family fun day is in the making.The one-day event is billed for the Rising Sun Turf Club on the West Coast of Berbice, after organisers decided to switch from the Port Mourant Turf Club, with the intention of attracting more Georgetown-based turfites.Thousands are expected to throng the famous venue for the eight-race meet, which is dubbed the biggest and richest horse-race event in Guyana and the Caribbean.This year, a colossal amount in cash incentives and trophies are up for the taking.In an invited comment yesterday, chief coordinator Nazrudeen Mohamed Jr., disclosed that all systems are in place for the mega event, which is expected to be an action-packed day of racing.Mohamed pointed out that the track is in superb condition and some fast times are expected to be recorded in the grand showdown.Apart from the foreign contingent of horses to be on show, several leading jockeys from overseas are also expected to participate, which will add that international flavour to the day’s event. A star-studded field will include a full gate of 14 horses breaking-even in the feature ‘B’ and Lower race.Those animals registered are: Princess She’s Not, Lady Budapest, Jack In My Style, the newly imported Vera’s Finally and Isn’t he Perfect, It’s My Choice, Brave Sky, Just Call Me Boss, Media Day, Golden Blue Echo, Settling Star, Honey Flow, Climate Change and Bridestone Corner.They will go for a distance of 1600m and has a top prize of $2 million.The main supporting race is the E3 and Lower, which will be contested over 1100m and has a winner’s purse of $1.2 million. Other races on the day include the G1 and Lower (1400m), H2 and Lower (1400m), Two-year-old Guyana Bred (1100m), Three-year-old Guyana Bred and I1 and Lower (1400m), J2 and K Lower (1400m) and L and Lower Non-winners (1400m).The top five finishers in all eight races would receive cash incentives. Admission to the venue is $2,000 for adults; children will be admitted free.Race time is 11:30hrs.
–22 wickets away from breaking season best haul of 67By Clifton RossGUYANA Jaguars ace spinner Veerasammy Permaul is on the path of crushing his personal career-best of most wickets collected in a WICB/PCL Regional 4-Day season, following his spellbinding performance in the last round.The left-arm spinner, Guyana’s overall leading wicket-taker in Regional 4-Day cricket with more than 500 wickets to his credit, churned out a jaw-dropping spell of spin against Jamaica in the last round, as the champs got some revenge over the Scorpions after they lost to them at home a few rounds ago.With returns of 7-59 and 8-18 and ending with overall figures of 15-77, Permaul has now almost doubled his body count when compared to the second placed fast-bowler, Chemar Holder, of the Barbados Pride, who sits on 29 wickets.Overall, the former West Indies Test spinner has 45 victims from just 6 games played, coupling his strike-rate of 31.5 with his utterly stingy average of 10.62. Given Permaul’s current form and intentions, it is clear that the lefty plans to break his tally of 67 wickets which he ended with in the 2014-15 season.The wicket-barrage by Permaul has also seen him shatter a few of his personal bests, as his current haul of 45 wickets surpasses his 40 which he bagged in the 2015-16 season.The West Indies ‘A’ spinner then surged to 42 victims which came at the end of the 2016-17 season. Only his haul of 50, which he accomplished during his magical run in the 2017/18 4-Day tournament and his career-best of 67, has yet to be bettered.Clearly, the outcome this season, taking into consideration the remaining 4-rounds, the next of which will be played in Permaul’s backyard of Guyana, is that the former national captain will most certainly break his personal-best and possibly end with 70 victims by the time the season concludes.
If the Tipp Town club can win through today’s semi-final tie then they’ll face Abbeyfeale in the competition decider next month.James Walsh is their player/manager.He says the cup is high on the side’s list of priorities.