Tayshia Adams Nearly Turned Down Being on ‘The Bachelorette’

first_imgThe former phlebotomist continued, “Very true to 2020, but I was taking on a little bit more than I think previous Bachelorettes have in the sense that there was somebody before me. I was going to ask the guys not only to remove themselves from that headspace but take me on and see if they were willing to be open.”Tayshia Adams Reveals She Nearly Turned Down Being on The BacheloretteFront row: Demar, Ed, Chasen, Blake Moynes, Eazy, Tayshia Adams, Joe, Zac C., Riley, Brendan, Noah. Back Row: Bennett, Jason, Peter, Ivan, Montel, Spencer, Ben, Jordan C., Jay and Kenny ABC/Craig SjodinAdams told cohosts Rachel Lindsay and Becca Kufrin that “it was probably about 48 hours” between her receiving the call from an executive producer and heading off to the La Quinta Resort & Club in Palm Springs, California. When the EP called Adams, he acknowledged that she had previously requested to be informed about casting news in person after learning Crawley, 39, nabbed the role. She felt that her life had been “uprooted” during that time since potential leads “can’t really make plans” while waiting to hear what is next.“It kind of messed with me quite a bit, actually,” she admitted. “I told them, ‘That’s not fair to me. I know there’s other girls in the conversation, but I was fine. I was fine. And next time you do it, you better come to my house and tell me in person because at this point, I don’t want a phone call. I’m not going to [Bachelor in] Paradise, I’m not doing The Bachelorette again, I don’t want anything to do [with it]. I’m done.’”- Advertisement – The “Click Bait” cohost recently told Us Weekly that she was happy she didn’t speak with Crawley before becoming the Bachelorette. “Even if I did have the opportunity, I don’t know if I would have asked [anything],” she told Us on Monday, November 9. “This is the thing: I have learned that you have to give everybody a chance and you never know what that’s going to look like. It might not look, like, the same for you as it did for somebody else.”The “Bachelor Happy Hour” podcast can be listened to wherever podcasts are streamed.Listen to Here For the Right Reasons to get inside scoop about the Bachelor franchise and exclusive interviews from contestants A careful decision. Tayshia Adams nearly passed up on the opportunity to be the Bachelorette after Clare Crawley’s sudden exit.“In a perfect Bachelor world according to them, it would have been I would be in the car an hour after my conversation with them. They were hoping I would leave that day, but I actually said I needed to think about it,” Adams, 29, recalled on the “Bachelor Happy Hour” podcast on Wednesday, November 11. “I need to talk to my parents and I need to take a minute, just because the way I was entering The Bachelorette space was very unconventional.”- Advertisement – Before beginning her journey, Adams was also “fearful” that the suitors thought Crawley “was more their type” than she would be since they were initially there to pursue the Bachelor Winter Games alum.Tayshia Adams Floating In The Pool on The Bachelorette Tayshia Adams Reveals She Nearly Turned Down Being on The BacheloretteTayshia Adams on ‘The Bachelorette’ ABC/Craig SjodinThe Bachelorette’s 16th season experienced major road bumps leading up to its October premiere. After Crawley was announced as the Bachelorette in March, the start of production was delayed due to the global coronavirus outbreak. Shortly after filming resumed in July, the hairdresser left the show after getting engaged to Dale Moss.Adams stepped in to replace Crawley, making her the second Black Bachelorette and first Latina woman in the coveted role. She had previously competed on Colton Underwood’s season of The Bachelor, which aired in 2019, and briefly dated John Paul Jones after they met on Bachelor in Paradise that same year.- Advertisement – – Advertisement –last_img read more

British Land ties up biggest West End deal this year

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

A $1.5 billion town centre officially launches in the western corridor

first_imgStage one of the $1.5 billion Ripley Town Centre gets underway.CONSTRUCTION work on the linchpin of a $1.5 billion mega development in Ripley Valley kicked off today.The $40 million stage one of Ripley Town Centre is part of a wider commercial and residential development by Sekisui House, which includes a $500 million Ecco Ripley residential community.Stage one of the construction was expected to create 100 construction and a further 100 ongoing jobs by its completion in March 2018.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home3 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor9 hours agoIpswich mayor Paul Pisasale launched the construction phase which also saw Queensland family business Hutchinson Builders named as construction partner.Sekisui House CEO and managing director Toru Abe said the commencement of the construction for the town centre would be a game-changer for the western growth corridor.“This is the beginning of what we believe will become an important commercial and community heart for Ripley Valley and South East Queensland for many years to come,” he said.“Ripley Town Centre is a showcase development that provides a clean, green environment in which to live, work, play and rest.“It will become the new heart for the broader Ripley Valley.”The Town Centre will service Ecco Ripley and the broader Ripley Valley, which is set to become one of the largest pre-planned communities in Australia, with up to 120,000 people expected to call the Ripley Valley home in the next 20 years.last_img read more

Disgraced ex-Billabong boss Matt Perrin’s last property for sale

first_imgDisgraced surfwear mogul Matthew Perrin in a file photo taken outside the Brisbane Supreme Court. Picture: Jodie RichterTHE last property bearing disgraced ex-Billabong boss Matt Perrin’s name has hit the market – but it’s not expected to affect the award-winning restaurant inside it that’s hosted Johnny Depp, Amber Heard and Cate Blanchett.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home6 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor6 hours agoThe view from the inside of award winning restaurant The Fish House which holds a long-term lease over 50 Goodwin Terrace, Burleigh Heads. Picture: Jerad WilliamsThe 506sq m property at 50 Goodwin Terrace, Burleigh Heads, houses famous Gold Coast restaurant The Fish House – which itself recently changed ownership. The restaurant holds a long-term lease agreement over the building with a renewal option built in. Among other prominent diners was Ronnie Woods of The Rolling Stones. Hollywood star Cate Blanchett leaving the Fish House in Burleigh, with husband Andrew Upton. Picture: Scott Fletcher Rolling Stones member Ronnie Woods arriving at The Fish House in Burleigh. Picture: David ClarkMr Perrin owns the property with ex-wife Nicole Bricknell as well as Pamela and Greg Lindores and Lindores Properties, according to CoreLogic records. Agent Scott Boniwell of Ray White Burleigh Heads was marketing the property as having a “long term secure lease with extremely successful tenant”.The building was specifically built to house The Fish House, and has uninterrupted beach views to Surfers Paradise and Stradbroke Island. last_img read more

DOC to Manage Subsea Cable Installation for Vattenfall

first_imgVattenfall has awarded Deutsche Offshore Consult GmbH (DOC) with a four-year framework agreement for the installation management of subsea power cables for offshore wind farm projects in Germany, UK, the Netherlands and Denmark. The contract comes after DOC’s work on the Sandbank project. The company will now support the installation, marine coordination and offshore construction at management level, and provide for a smooth-running installation management of Vattenfall’s offshore wind projects.DOC will also work on project documentation, quality standards of project implementation and vessel management, specifically cable-laying vessels, and employ its core competency of interface management between different offshore wind project packages.“DOC is proud to be able to support Vattenfall in the implementation of subsea power cable installations in future offshore wind farms. We are convinced that our team of offshore experts has the required know-how for these tasks and our long-standing experience can be contributed target-aimed”, said Oliver Spalthoff, Managing Director of DOC, about the framework agreement with Vattenfall.last_img read more

Health Minister Julius Timothy pledges support to the fight against gender based violence

first_img Share Health Minister Julius TimonthyHealth Minister Julius Timothy has called on the Caribbean region to condemn gender based violence. Mr. Timothy made this call while addressing the opening of the 38th Annual General meeting of the Caribbean Family Planning Affiliation at the Fort Young Hotel on Saturday evening. Hon. Timothy emphasized that the campaign to condemn gender based violence must target both men and women.“I am of the firm belief that we cannot mount a true health response to gender based violence if we do not focus our attention on both sexes. As a region I think we have made considerable efforts in fighting gender based violence, however there is much more to be done. I have heard the clarion call from the Caribbean Family Planning Affiliation that political leaders need to be more vocal in curbing gender based violence,” he said.Mr. Timothy pledged his support and that of his Ministry to the fight against gender based violence.“In my capacity as Minister for Health, and a member of the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica and my personal capacity as a man, I pledge my unwavering commitment to continue the fight to eliminate gender based violence in our region. We must all speak with one voice, our message must be clear, we must remain real resolute, we must all stand up in unison, be counted and condemn gender based violence.Seventeen Caribbean countries including Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Curacao, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Vincent and the U.S. Virgin Islands as well as CFPA associate members located in Belize, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago were represented at annual general meeting of the Caribbean Family Planning Affiliation being held at the Fort Young Hotel.Dominica Vibes News Sharing is caring! Tweet Sharecenter_img 15 Views no discussions Share LocalNews Health Minister Julius Timothy pledges support to the fight against gender based violence by: – July 18, 2011last_img read more

Road crash kills 1, injures 3

first_imgThe fatality was identified as 64-year-old Alicia Layam of BarangayBuenavista, Escalante City, a police report showed. BACOLOD City – One person was killed while three others were injured ina road crash in Barangay Jonob-Jonob, Escalante City, Negros Occidental. According to police investigators, Albarico was driving a tricycle withAlicia, Guanzon and Gary as passengers when a tractor driven by 44-year-oldAnmar Miraflores crashed against them around 1:30 p.m. on Monday. Albarico, Alicia, Guanzon and Gary were rushed to the Vicente GustiloDistrict Hospital in Escalante City where the attending physician declaredAlicia “dead on arrival.” center_img Wounded were 59-year-old Rodolfo Albarico, 58-year-old FranciscoGuanzon and 33-year-old Gary Layam, the report added. Miraflores was detained in the Escalante City police station, facingcharges./PNlast_img read more

State launches “Behind the Haze” campaign for youth

first_imgStatewide—The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) recently launched a public awareness campaign to educate youths about the dangers of e-cigarettes, or “vaping.” The “Behind the Haze” campaign is part of a $2 million effort announced by Governor Eric J. Holcomb and State Health Commissioner Kris Box, M.D., FACOG, to reduce vaping among Indiana youth.“The speed at which vaping is increasing among youth is alarming, and we must protect children from a lifetime of nicotine addiction,” Governor Holcomb said. “These efforts will help curb youth vaping, educate the public on health risks and provide resources to help people who want to quit.”Dr. Box said the Indiana Youth Tobacco Survey found the use of e-cigarettes has increased more than 350 percent among Indiana middle and high school students since 2012, which makes public awareness a critical part of protecting young Hoosiers’ health.last_img read more

Scholes may go – Robson

first_imgFormer Manchester United captain Bryan Robson fears veteran midfielder Paul Scholes may be forced to retire at the end of the season. The former England midfielder – a year younger than Giggs – retired from the game in May 2011 but reversed his decision within six months. Robson added: “Only he can answer whether or not he may register again in case of emergencies. “But because of his attitude and the way he goes about training it is good to have him around the place.” While 39-year-old team-mate Ryan Giggs has recently penned a one-year deal to extend his Old Trafford career into its 23rd season, Scholes has been hampered by knee issues recently. Robson said: “Giggsy has got another year, but he looks as fit as he was when he was 21. Scholesy I’m not so sure about. He’s been having a few problems with his knee. So I think he might just call it a day.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Envoy and Moore beaten at Dundalk

first_img Press Association Trainer Aidan O’Brien’s son Joseph was expected to return to the Flat game at the County Louth venue, having missed the opening day of the turf season at the Curragh on Sunday after being described as “a little heavy” by his father. However, Moore, who is set to be used by the trainer more this year than in previous seasons, was once again called upon to partner the only Ballydoyle runner of the evening. Ridden by Moore on his final three starts as a juvenile, War Envoy was the 11-8 favourite for this first appearance since finishing down the field at the Breeders’ Cup in November and was given plenty of time to find his feet. He was coaxed closer to the front in the straight and looked in position to claim Convergence, but the Ger Lyons-trained 8-1 shot was too strong in the last of the seven furlongs and passed the post a length to the good under Colin Keane. Rapid Applause, who ran with credit in the Railway, the Anglesey and the Round Tower Stakes at the Curragh last season, was expected to give the market leader most to think about, but disappointed on his first outing since last August. Lyons said: ” It’s a good start to the year for the little horse. He was the only horse I had ready for the race and it would be a shame not to have a runner. “He’s a good honest horse and he came on well over the winter. He’s won two Listed races now and hopefully he can grow into something like the Ballycorus (Stakes). “He’s still in the Irish Guineas but that’s a huge jump from here to there. “We have the Jersey Stakes (at Royal Ascot) and races like that, there are plenty of options. “I thought last year he’d want 10 furlongs but on what he showed tonight, we’ll keep him to seven and a mile for the moment. “We had plenty of offers for him but Vincent (Gaul, owner) needs a good horse like him.” center_img War Envoy had to make do with the runner-up spot under Ryan Moore as Convergence claimed top honours in the Listed Patton Stakes at Dundalk. last_img read more