Lennon High School will go for their seventh Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA) schoolgirl football title when they play Excelsior High in tomorrow’s final at the Spanish Town Prison Oval.Lennon beat Denham Town 4-2 on penalties – after a 1-1 draw with the Corporate Area school – in the semi-finals at the said venue on Tuesday.Renae Gordon’s late equaliser for Lennon sent the game into extra time. Denham Town took an early first-half lead through Tianna Wilson. However, the Clarendon school held their nerve to come away clear winners on penalty kicks.”It’s a very good feeling to reach the final,” said winning coach Sherlon Lennon.He noted that Denham Town played an impressive game before taking the lead, but thought his team’s experience saw them through. “They (Denham Town) were organised and they possess the ball well, but we had the majority of the chances. We just didn’t capitalise because we weren’t settled,” he said.”Once we settled down, we played better and eventually got the equaliser. We pushed for the second goal and got the chances, but didn’t get the goal,” he continued.He is now confident of winning their second straight title, and seventh in nine years.RETAINING THE TITLE”We played them last year. We beat Excelsior in the final. We are looking forward to playing some good football and retain the title,” he stated.In the other semi-final, Excelsior defeated St Jago 1-0 on Taramia Clarke’s 70th-minute goal to set up a repeat of last year’s final.Excelsior’s coach, Xavier Gilbert, who has reached the last eight finals with just one win to show, is looking to avenge their 3-0 defeat to Lennon last year.”They (XLCR team) have exceeded my expectations, so I am happy to be in the final. We will approach the game similarly to how we did today (Tuesday). It was a keenly contested game, they had better possession, but we nullified their opportunities. But we went ahead from a set-piece and those are the things we strive on when we are in tight situations, and it worked for us,” he said.
The IAAF’s long-term storage and retesting strategy concerning IAAF Championships, which began in 2005 with the storage of anti-doping samples from that year’s IAAF World Championships in Helsinki, has led to disciplinary action being commenced against a further 28 athletes following a second reanalysis. In 2012, the IAAF conducted a first round of reanalysis of urine samples taken at the Helsinki World Championships, which had been proactively stored by the IAAF at the Swiss Laboratory for Doping Analyses (LAD), the WADA-accredited laboratory in Lausanne, in anticipation of new scientific developments. This strategy first revealed six adverse findings from Helsinki, which were announced in March 2013, and to date, nine athletes have been sanctioned following retesting of samples from various World Championships. Beginning in April 2015, using the latest technology available in the field of anti-doping and taking advantage of the new World Anti-Doping Code’s provision extending from eight-10 years the period during which samples can be tested, the IAAF made a second reanalysis of Helsinki 2005 and Osaka 2007 samples. This reanalysis has confirmed a further 28 athletes with 32 adverse findings. PROVISIONALSUSPENSIONS Due to the legal process, none of these athletes can be named yet. A large majority of the 28 are retired, some are athletes who have already been sanctioned, and only very few remain active in sports. The IAAF is provisionally suspending them and can confirm that none of the athletes concerned will be competing in Beijing. The IAAF embarked on this long-term storage and retesting strategy in 2005 to ensure that clean athletes are ultimately rewarded for their honest efforts in IAAF competitions. The IAAF is committed to use every means at its disposal within the World Anti-Doping Code to root out the cheats however long it takes. Martial Saugy, associate professor, PhD, life sciences and director of LAD commented: “The latest scientific breakthroughs in anti-doping technology and analysis have been employed in the reanalysis of these samples to allow us to find previously undetectable substances. “We are at the cutting edge of the fight against doping. In our 10-year partnership with the IAAF, we have been using every scientific advance and legal opportunity at our disposal to catch the cheats. The IAAF and the IOC, working in cooperation with the LAD, clearly showed the way 10 years ago, and other anti-doping organisations and sport federations, on WADA’s recommendation, are now considering, or have started implementing, such a retesting policy.”
Early Friday morning the RCMP received a call of a male entering an unlocked vehicle in a residential driveway in the 8500 block of 94th avenue in Fort St. John.The Fort St. John RCMP followed the suspects footprints in the fresh snow and located two males a short distance away. The males were arrested and transported to the Fort St. John RCMP detachment where they remain in custody.A small amount of stolen property has been recovered. A third male was later arrested and subsequently released. All tree males are believed to be responsible for entering multiple vehicles in the South East corner of the city.- Advertisement -The RCMP are requesting that anyone who’s vehicle has been entered or has discovered anything stolen to please contact the RCMP at 250-787-8140.
Giggs, who played almost 700 games for United and was at Old Trafford on Tuesday for a 0-0 draw against Valencia in the Champions League.“I said that last time: where do they go?” Giggs said when asked about United at a press conference to announce his Wales squads for matches against Spain and Ireland on Thursday.“My stance hasn’t changed. United are going through a tough time at the moment. But change now and you will be in the same position in a year or two years quite possibly.”Giggs has included Gareth Bale in his Wales squad even though the forward missed Real Madrid’s midweek Champions League defeat through injury.The 25-man squad also includes Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, who was given special dispensation to miss his side’s Europa League appointment with Qarabag on Thursday as his wife is expecting twins.Speaking about Bale, Giggs said: “He had a little groin strain. The scan has come back clear and he expects to play on the weekend.”Giggs does not expect Ramsey’s contract stand-off with Arsenal to harm his Wales form.“What I have seen is a fantastic professional. I expect the same,” said Giggs.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Wales manager Ryan Giggs says Jose Mourinho should remain at Manchester United despite a poor run of results © AFP/File / Geoff CADDICKLONDON, United Kingdom, Oct 4 – Wales boss Ryan Giggs said on Thursday that Jose Mourinho should remain as Manchester United manager despite the mounting crisis at the club.Mourinho is under increasing pressure at Old Trafford with United a lowly 10th in the Premier League and winless in four games in all competitions.
Crystal Palace co-chairman Steve Parish remains hopeful that the club can agree terms on new contracts with Marouane Chamakh and two other unnamed players.Parish is determined to keep his best players at Selhurst Park after they defied all the odds to stay in the Premier League last season.Chamakh rediscovered his best form in the top flight following nightmare spells at Arsenal and West Ham and manager Tony Pulis will be keen to see him stay next season.Other players including Damien Delaney only have a year left on their current deals and Parish is keen to see them pledge their long-term futures to the club.Parish, speaking in the Croydon Advertiser, said: “We’re very hopeful of agreeing terms with a couple of players. Marouane Chamakh is one of those who is out of contract at the moment.“We’re hopeful on a couple of others at Palace who only have a year left, but we’re not overly concerned. I’m fine with that – if we can’t get an agreement on those two, we can’t get an agreement.“Conversations are being held, just to try and extend things with them but we won’t let those drag on. In terms of bringing in new players, I was fine with it last year, we stayed in the league and it was great.“The reality of it is we’re not the masters of our own destiny entirely, are we? We’re in the market of who is available and we’re not prising players away from people physically. But we do have one or two conversations going on.” Crystal Palace striker Marouane Chamakh 1
The North West branch of the Simon Community held their annual sleepout on Letterkenny’s Market Square on Friday night. The event was launched by Mayor James Pat Mc Daid who highly commended the daily work done by The Simon Community.The North West Simon Community is an organisation that works tirelessly to prevent homelessness in Donegal, Sligo, and Leitrim. One lady who took part in the sleepout commented; “It was a great event, surrounded by amazing people even thought it was bitterly cold we have to realise we all had nice warm beds to go home to unlike so many others.”Local businesses did their bit to help those participating by helping in any way they could. The Brewery Bar delivered freshly made sandwiches and soup for the volunteers, followed up by delicious pizzas from Pat’s Pizza, and the support and hospitality from the Four Lanterns. The hotels and bars throughout Letterkenny were very welcoming of the volunteers during the collection, too.The Simon Community thanks all who donated, including passers-by and ‘not to forget those who even gave us a good aul sing song!’, including Noel Sweeney of Swilly Driving School of Motoring who kept everyone entertained, and even managed to nod off for a while! They also extended their gratitude to their volunteers, saying “thank you to the wonderful bunch of volunteers for getting involved and for making the night such a flawless and enjoyable night to include: AIB team Lettekenny, Menarys Letterkenny, United Health Care team. Jason Black and Voodoo Venue Letterkenny for supporting the event each year and for your continued support to North West Simon Community.”“To end, thank you all for helping make a difference to Simon in your Community and please spare a thought tonight for all those individuals and families throughout Ireland who are currently homeless.” Pic Special: Great turnout for Simon Community’s Letterkenny ‘Sleep Out’ was last modified: October 3rd, 2016 by Elaine McCalligShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:charityhomelessletterkennyNorth West Simon Communitysleep out
Gabriel Jesus is prone to being photographed or filmed in awkward situations.The Manchester City striker famously made his way around the Trafford Centre on a mobility scooter following a broken metatarsal.And the Brazilian continued his trend for the ridiculous after appearing in a music video and dancing with his crutches.Jesus can be seen awkwardly moving to the rhythm of the ‘É Gol’ beat alongside MC Nego Blue.Unfortunately for Jesus, he just ended up looking daft…..again
Rosses ACWell done to the 23 Rosses A.C. Athletes who travelled to Shercock in Co.Cavan on Saturday morning last. It was an early start for all, however that did not hold the athletes back. A special word of thanks to the parents who travelled on the bus as without their help we could not have sent such a large team. We had some great performances on the day and won 11 medals. Star of the say was Emma Maloney who scooped a gold ulster medal in the ball throw. Emma Maloney – 1st in the u9 girls Ball Throw, Grainne McGlynn – 2nd in the u9 girls 60m Sprint. Patrick Marry – 3rd in the u10 boys 60m. S. Domhnall – 3rd in the U.11 boys 60m Sprint. Mia McDevitt – 3rd in the u12 girls High Jump. Caoimhe Boyle – 3rd in the u13 girls High Jump. Meadhbh NicGiolla Bhride 4th in the u13 girls Hurdles. Team Results: Emma Maloney & Grainne McGlynn 2nd in the u9 girls Ball Throw & the u9 girls 60m Sprint. Patrick Marry & Ferdia Doherty 3rd in the u10 boys 60m Sprint. Domhnall MacGiolla Bhride & Aidan McCole 3rd in the u11boys 60m Sprint. There was a bronze for the u11 boys 4 x 100m relay team. Other good performances on the day but just missing out on medal positions were Orla Sweeney, Milly Doherty, Fintan Doherty, Ciarnan Nicholas, Dylan Traynor, Caitlin James, Roisin Costelloe, Leah McGarvey, Rosie NicGiolla Bhride, Nele Simon & Tanja Simon. All athletes above have qualified for the All Irelands. Team’s that qualified U.9, U.10 & U.11’s, All Irelands will be held in Cork on Saturday the 23rd of June, The U.12’s & U.13 individual athletes, All Irelands will be held in Tullamore, Co.Offaly over two weekends, the 14th & 15th of July and the 28th & 29th of July also. Check out Facebook page for some great pictures. Best of luck to the local schools who will be taking part in the Cumann na mBunscoil athletics competition (for 1-4 teacher schools) on Tuesday 19th June at the Aura Center in Letterkenny. Local schools taking part will be Scoil Rann na Feirsde, Scoil Loch an Luir, Belcruit, Keadue and Roshine.ROSSES ATHLETIC CLUB NEWS was last modified: June 12th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Rosses Athletic Club notes
LATEST IN DEMAND TOP WORK Chelsea confident of beating Man United and Liverpool to Sancho signing LIVING THE DREAM 1 Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer targets Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ West Ham are interested in signing Italy international Antonio Candreva this summer, according to reports.Candreva, the Internazionale winger, is looking likely to leave the San Siro over the next couple of weeks. Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father targets Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January REVEALED The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star The 31-year-old assisted eight goals in 36 games last season, but Inter are expected to offload him prior to the start of 2018/19. Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti moving on Candreva has been tipped to leave Inter this summer RANKED Latest transfer news Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Liverpool’s signings under Michael Edwards – will Minamino be the next big hit? three-way race Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland And, according to TMW, West Ham are one interest party who could look to take advantage of Candreva’s likely departure.Candreva is seen as the replacement for Manuel Lanzini, who will reportedly miss the first half of the season with a knee ligament injury he picked up while in training with Argentina ahead of the World Cup.New West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini has been busy strengthening his squad ahead of the new season, with defenders Issa Diop, from Toulouse, and Ryan Fredericks, from Fulham, already brought to the London Stadium. Lukasz Fabianski, the Poland goalkeeper, has also been signed from Swansea City, who were relegated from the Championship at the end of last season.
Donegal County Councillor Ciaran Brogan has called for the setting up of a review group into the running of Letterkenny General Hospital in the wake of last Friday’s flooding catastrophe.Cllr Brogan, a member of the Regional Health Forum, says there are many challenges facing the hospital in the rebuild.“There are genuine concerns among the public about what has happened and how we are going to address it. “I want to ensure that all essential services are returned in due course and ensure that those services we have are of the same standard as everywhere else in the country.“If this happened in Dublin we would have a return to a very high standard of service and we deserve this here in Donegal,” he said.The Fianna Fail councillor said he was saddened by the flooding which has caused untold devastation to the medical facility.“As so many other Donegal people I have very strong connections with the hospital. “I was born there as were my children and many of my family have worked there over the years.“We must ensure that this great institution continues to develop and be allowed to continue to provide an excellent service of care for the people of Donegal,” he said. BROGAN CALLS FOR SETTING UP OF REVIEW GROUP FOR HOSPITAL REBUILD was last modified: July 30th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Ciaran BroganLetterkenny General Hospital